Monday, August 31, 2015

I found a *come up* at the Thrift store.

The good old CD120!  Only $289.99... 

 I was browsing at a local thrift store this past weekend when I stumbled upon this *thing*. A "Reveal" Internal CD-Rom Drive circa 1992. I held this exact same box (actually, more likely one *just* like it) in my hand more than a few times when I was stationed in Japan between 1989 and 1992.
I owned an Amiga computer, which I bought through the AAFES (Army, Air force Exchange Service on base at Misawa, but I was frequently looking at IBM compatibles. But when a single component was selling for almost half what I paid for my entire computer, well, no thanks!

Of course, by the time the CD120 was out on the shelf my computer was getting long in the tooth.

You can get a fine CD/DVD combo burner for $19.99.

No comments: